7-18 September 2009
Hotel Jixian, Huairou, Beijing, China
Organised by the ILC GDE, ILCSC and ICFA Beam Dynamics Panel
This school is a continuation of the series of schools started three years ago (2006 in Japan, 2007 in Italy and 2008 in the US). Based on the needs from the high-energy physics community, the GDE, ILCSC and ICFA Beam Dynamics Panel will organise a Fourth International Accelerator School for Linear Colliders. The focus of the school will be on TeV-scale linear colliders including the International Linear Collider (ILC), the Compact Linear Collider (CLIC) and the muon collider. The target students are graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and junior researchers from around the world. We welcome applications from physicists who are considering changing their career from experimental physics to accelerator physics. This school is adopting a new, in depth approach. Therefore, former students are welcome to apply if they have a compelling reason to do so. The school will be in lecture style. There will be homework assignments and a final examination, but no university credit will be offered.
- Overview of TeV-scale future lepton colliders (ILC, CLIC and the muon collider)
- Accelerator physics for sources, damping rings, linacs and beam delivery system
- Super conducting and warm RF technology, LLRF and high power RF
- Maximum number of students is 70
- Students will receive financial aid for covering the expenses for attending this school, including airfare, lodging, meals, local transportation and school supplies.
- Application qualification: graduate students, post doctoral fellows, junior researchers.
- Former students are allowed to apply.
- Online registration only.
- Requirements: registration form, CV, one recommendation letter.
- Registration fee: free.
- Registration deadline: June 5, 2009
- Announcement - March 2009 (pdf)
- Curriculum (pdf)
- Syllabus of elective courses (pdf)
- List of students (pdf) (Course A (pdf), Course B (pdf))
- List of lecturers (pdf)
- Programme (link to ILCAgenda)
- From ILC Newsline:
- Learning accelerator science
- Fourth International Accelerator School for Linear Colliders to be held in Beijing
- Students admitted to LC accelerator school
- Barry Barish (GDE/Caltech, Co-Chair)
- Shin-ichi Kurokawa (KEK, Co-Chair)
- Alex Chao (SLAC)
- Hesheng Chen (IHEP)
- Weiren Chou (ICFA BD Panel/Fermilab)
- Jean-Pierre Delahaye (CERN)
- In Soo Ko (PAL)
- Paul Grannis (Stony Brook Univ.)
- Nick Walker (DESY)
- Kaoru Yokoya (KEK)
- Jiuqing Wang (IHEP, Chair)
- Jie Gao (IHEP)
- Tongzhou Xu (IHEP)
- Chuang Zhang (IHEP)
- Weiren Chou (Fermilab, Chair)
- William Barletta (USPAS)
- Daniel Brandt (CERN)
- Alex Chao (SLAC)
- Jie Gao (IHEP/China)
- Shin-ichi Kurokawa (KEK)
- Carlo Pagani (INFN/Milano)
- Junji Urakawa (KEK)
- Andrzej Wolski (Univ. of Liverpool)
IHEP, P.O. Box 918
Beijing 100049, China